Flow Metre/ Data Logger - Radio Transmission Unit’s
Installation of 10 x Terra Firma ThruBeam E400 composite covers in and around Melbourne CBD to allow the transmission of data logged from flow metres via Radio Transmission Unit’s (RTU’s) installed underground, inside manholes.
Conventional ductile iron/ concrete infill covers are not transparent to radio frequencies– therefore require costly trenching, cabling and external transmitters for RTU’s.
Covers needed to be transparent to radio frequencies. Gas tight/ water tight, lightweight, easy to inspect, strong pit lids
Must withstand heavy vehicle traffic
- Terra Firma ThruBeam E400 ER-60 composite frame & covers
- Terra Firma ThruBeams are transparent to radio frequencies.
- Gas tight/ water tight seal. Cover weight 28kg
- NATA tested to AS3996 Class E (400kN).
- Can be opened in seconds with specialised seal
breaker / lifter